Stop A Heart Attack In Its Tracks

beth February 18, 2013

Stop A Heart Attack In Its Tracks

Heart attacks are no joke.  If you or someone you’re with is experiencing symptoms of a heart attack right now, please call 911 first.  This advice is meant to be used to stop a heart attack while help is on the way.  If you’re searching for this for educational purposes (just in case!), then you might want to check out 10 Things Your Doctor Isn’t Telling You About Health, so you hopefully will never need this advice!

According to the Centers For Disease Control, 935,000 Americans have a heart attack every year.  Often, at least half of these people actually die from the heart attack.  Since heart attacks are so common, it’s important to know how to recognize them — and stop them, before permanent damage occurs.

Symptoms of a Heart Attack

It’s important to know the symptoms of a heart attack so you can recognize even the small signs and treat it immediately.

The symptoms may include:

• Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain, squeezing, or pressure
  • Discomfort or pain in the shoulders, arms, back or neck
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Sweating

If you notice these symptoms, please call for help immediately.  While you’re waiting for help, keep reading how you possibly stop the heart attack!

Stop A Heart Attack In Its Tracks

What natural remedy can you use to “stop a heart attack in its tracks?”

Cayenne!

Cayenne is a very effective stimulant, stimulating every system and cell of the body.  It feeds the heart, cleanses the circulatory system, strengthens the pulse, increases circulation to the brain, plus has many, many other benefits.

There are 2 ways to take cayenne for heart attacks, in powdered form or tincture form.  I highly recommend purchasing powdered cayenne from a health food store or a good herbal online store.  The typical cayenne at a grocery store is not potent enough to do the best job for heart health.  Also, cayenne in a capsule will definitely not be fast-acting to stop a heart attack in an emergency.

If you would like to keep a cayenne tincture on hand, you can easily make your own!

Stop A Heart Attack In Its Tracks pinterest

Make a Cayenne Tincture

To make your own cayenne tincture:

• Fill a quart size jar with cayenne peppers
  • Cover the peppers with vodka {I only use alcohol for medicinal purposes}, to within 1/2 an inch from the top of the quart jar
  • Cover the tincture with a lid
  • Keep the tincture in a dark, cool place {such as a cabinet}, shaking daily
  • After 4-6 weeks, strain the liquid from the peppers and bottle the liquid
  • This tincture keeps in a cool, dark place indefinitely
  • Always label and date your tinctures

It’s a good idea to keep some powdered cayenne or cayenne tincture in your purse in a small dark glass dropper bottle.  That way, you always have some cayenne on hand if you ever encounter someone who is having a heart attack or thinks they may be having a heart attack.  It’s a really effective method, on the go, to stop a heart attack!

If you know you are having a heart attack, of course get to a doctor/hospital as soon as possible.  But, on the drive there, or while waiting for an ambulance, drink about 1 tsp. of powdered cayenne in a glass of warm water.  Or, you can place 2 dropper-fulls of cayenne tincture under the tongue.  Because cayenne is a healthy food, it is completely safe to take cayenne whether or not you”re having a heart attack.  Always take cayenne if you at all suspect you may be having a heart attack.

If you encounter a person that is unconscious from having a heart attack, sprinkle a little powdered cayenne or drop cayenne tincture under the person’s tongue, a few drops at a time, until help arrives.  Repeat this every few minutes if the person is not responding.  Be certain that you don”t choke them.  It”s important to administer a little at a time if they are not responsive so they don”t choke.

According to Herbal Legacy, Dr. Christopher never lost a patient to a heart attack.

And I quote from Herbal Legacy: “In 35 years of practice, and working with the people and teaching, I {Dr. Christopher} have never on house calls lost one heart attack patient and the reason is, whenever I go in–if they are still breathing–I pour down them a cup of cayenne tea (a teaspoon of cayenne in a cup of hot water, and within minutes they are up and around).  This is one of the fastest acting acids we could ever give for the heart, because it feeds that heart immediately.”

How to Prevent a Heart Attack

Preventing heart attacks is the best option to aim for!  Educate yourself as to what causes a heart attack, which mainly consists of poor diet and lack of exercise.

Most heart attacks stem from malnutrition due to too many processed foods, sugar, and other unhealthy eating habits.  Feed your heart by consuming foods that will strengthen the heart.

Aim for eating more foods such as, onions, apples, walnuts, olive oil, oats, beans, etc.  And of course, exercise daily!

Have you ever had to stop a heart attack in its tracks?  What worked for you?

1. A few years ago, I read that cayenne, placed on the back of your tongue, could stop a heart attack in it’s tracks. Ever since, I’ve kept HOT cayenne (from Bulk Herb Store) close. It’s also supposed to be good to stop bleeding, but I haven’t been able to try that one. I encapsulate my own cayenne, and take several capsules daily, and my husband covers all of his food with it, even taking it with us when we go somewhere else to eat.

• That is awesome that you and your husband take cayenne regularly, Shasta! Very smart move! Cayenne does have many, many benefits! Thanks for sharing!

• Cayenne does stop bleeding. I got a horrible gash in my thumb from garden shears. I kept banging it over the next 2 days so I couldn’t get it to scab. I read about the cayenne, and applied it. I was so surprised it didn’t burn. My thumb quit bleeding and healed so quickly. I made a friend use it too on his hand. He will not credit the cayenne, but it worked!!!!

2. What about cayenne essential oil, how would that be used? I’m thinking a drop under the tongue?

• Missy,
      I am not familiar with cayenne essential oil, but if a person had some, it would definitely be very concentrated and very little would need to be used, I would think. I have only personally read of powdered cayenne and cayenne tincture.
      Thanks for the question!

3. Great tip!! I have also read that this is good for strokes as well and that it is good for the person with them/helping this to do the same thing because the person watching could be having a shock reaction.

• That’s a good thing to think about, Mary! It would be a good idea for the person treating them to consume some cayenne also – I know I would need it!!! 🙂

4. Hello! This is very interesting, I was wondering though if cayenne can be to strong for some people to stomach? Mt grandmother has high blood pressure and some heart problems and half of the family wants her to take cayenne (whether its a capsule or sprinkle on her meals everyday) but the other half of the family says that she should listen to the doctors. Her doctor has her on a statin drug and said that cayenne will probably be to hard on her stomach. Are there any adverse effects? Obviously a doctor isnt much into home remedies but half out family are convinced that her health problems will be cured if she took some vitamins and cut out all the processed foods and eats healthy, living foods. Thanks for your time!

• Cayenne would only do good for your grandmother! It can irritate some people who may have sensitive stomachs. To use it on a daily basis, a person can start out with a very small amount and work their way up to 1/2 – 1 tsp. a day. I do agree that herbs, vitamins and healthy foods would cut out most health problems our country faces. Thank you for the question!

5. STOP the insanity of your annoying headers–up, DOWN, upppp, downnnnn…need I say more? Love love love all of your websites…hate going to them. Please fix this!

6. Great article! Thank you. I use a cayenne tincture for my gums…or at least I did before my baby as born. The cayenne (and anything hot) affected her stomach and made her bleed. Now that she’s older, however, she seems to handle my eating hot foods better, and I just may return to this. I’m rather on the fence about it as a daily supplement, since in my family it does cause tummy trouble if not taken with something that can buffer the stomach (dairy for example). Still, I use it as much as possible, and am excited to learn of its “first aid” success. Thanks for an informative post.

• Thanks for sharing, Christy!

• Considering the fact that dairy is high in cholesterol, I do not recommend it in a heart healthy diet. Plant based is highly recommended to reduce heart disease!

• Hi E.M.,

There is actually no evidence that dietary cholesterol raises blood cholesterol levels. Also, cholesterol is necessary in the body because it helps to heal damage. I would recommend pasture-based dairy.

7. “Because cayenne is a healthy food, it is completely safe to take cayenne whether or not you’re having a heart attack”….As a naturopath, this phrase is exactly what frustrates me about home herbalists. It is NOT always completely safe for people to take cayenne, and qualifying it as a “healthy food” doesn’t necessarily mean it is.

• Hi Sarah! As with any food or herb, cayenne could be bothersome to certain people. I am, however, speaking of using cayenne in the case of an emergency and not as a daily supplement. My purpose in the phrase you mentioned is for those that would be afraid to use cayenne if they didn’t know for sure if they were having a heart attack. Cayenne allergy is not considered to be common.

8. I had a heart attack and ate a healthy diet, had no history of heart problems, excellent good cholesterol levels, and very low bad cholesterol levels. The only possible factor seemed to be stress but even that alone isn’t supposed to cause one. I’m curious about the cayenne path. I wish I had known but even then it would have happened. Only God knows the reason.

9. I have rheamatic fever, wihich has affected my heart’ will it help in such a situation? Are there any other natural therapies for rheamatic fever?

• Cayenne is good to consume on a regular basis for good heart health. I would get the advice of a naturopathic doctor on anything else you could do.

10. Which form is better to use daily, tincture or powder form?

11. Tinctures tend to enter the system faster, but either would be great for daily use!

12. What strength would you recommend when ordering cayenne capsules? And what would you consider an appropriate daily dosage? Thank You for you website and information.

13. I am an expert in natural healing, etc. I have been studying natural healing, supplementation, herbs and alternative medication for over 54 years. Cayenne Pepper saved my life at least 2 times. I had a open bleeding ulcer. It was bleeding so bad twice that I was in danger of death. By knowing, I took almost a tablespoon of Raw Cayenne Pepper and swallowed it whole. The bleeding stops immediately. I had to have some B-12 shots in one case to hel, but I was alive. Pastor Bernie

14. Have read about cayenne. Bought the powder did not know can be eaten daily.
    Will try it with water next morning.

15. This is really, really bad advice. The first thing you should do is call 911 while unlocking the door, then lay down on the floor. NEVER EVER DRIVE! People with heart attacks usually pass out. Many Heart attacks are caused by blockages which in no way will be cleared by cayenne pepper.

16. When making the tincture, do you make a little slit in the peppers to help release more of their healing properties or do you leave them whole, stem and all. And do you just pack as many peppers as you can get into that quart jar or is there a specific amount? Maybe 1 1/2 lbs.? I don’t know how small they are.

17. I need cayenne asap. Can I use one sold in whole foods? An Old friend of mine who is 87 years old and ambulatory started having chest pains and he refuse to go to the hospital. I am hoping it is nothing but if cayenne can help I would like to give him some.

18. Cayenne stopped a heart attack for me yesterday!

19. 2 spoons of Cayenne has saved me 3 times now, I go to hospital each time, BUT Doctors do not want to know